As of August 21st, Frost is one month old, and we’re working hard on making it better as it ages. Version 2.2 is currently available on the Android Market. You can expect to find a few more new features, and several very important security fixes as well as significant compatibility changes to the browser. Most of these features and changes are all thanks to the feedback we’ve received from our users. As always, you can contact us using the “Need help?” option in the browser preferences. If you have any problems or bugs that you can reliably reproduce we’d love to hear about them.
- We’ve added the option to permanently rotate images to the image viewer.
- The browser now supports text selection, copy and paste.
- HTML5 video support.
- Improved popup blocker with the option of prompting you on how to handle popups.
Changes & Fixes:
- Significant upgrades to application security and privacy.
- Big improvements in browser compatibility with many websites.
- The shuffle slideshow option is now truly randomized.
- Fixed flash video playback on certain Honeycomb devices. (Thanks RJL!)
- Improved support for Android 3.0+ devices as well as enabling hardware accelerated video.
- An innumerable amount of tweaks, improvements and bug fixes.
With the introduction of this new version it will also become easier to backup and restore your stash in the event you change or update your device. Please see the updated FAQ in the help section of the app for more details.